What is Community Supported Agriculture?
- Closes the gap between growers and eaters
- Pre-purchase of a share of the farm’s harvest before planting the field
- Becoming a ‘member’ of the farm
- Weekly share of the harvest between June and October
- Contents of box are seasonal, changing weekly as the growing season changes
What are the benefits?
- Receive local, fresh, heirloom produce every week
- Support paid training and experiential learning of OCH’s youth
- Experience food through seasonal availability
- Encourage Ottawa’s local food system
- Build a direct connection to a local farm
- Support OCH in our newest social enterprise
- Encourage new, young, emerging farmers
How does it work?
You can come to the farm and pick up your share of the harvest only a 15 minute drive from here! An alternative that includes delivery is to pick up your weekly share of the harvest at our central location. A share will feed a family of 4 of seasonal produce and herbs.
- Share cost: 12-14 weekly harvests = $400
- Pick-up CSA shares at either our downtown location (150 Gloucester Street) or at the farm (2389 Pépin Court)
Please contact our FarmWorks staff, at Operation Come Home, if you have any questions or comments: