HousingWorks is a supported housing program for at-risk and/or homeless youth aged 16-29. Each participant is provided with a housing worker, for up to one year, to assist them in finding and maintaining safe and affordable housing. Starting in 2015, HousingWorks can now assist up to 15 youth per year on an ongoing basis in the program.
Many at-risk or homeless youth cannot save enough money for first and last month’s rent, furniture, move-in costs and other incidental expenses during the first few months of their employment and move in. Therefore, HousingWorks provides up to 10 youth per year with a matching subsidy based on what they save for their housing expenses. Each participant will have the opportunity to take part in financial literacy training to help budget and prepare for independent living.
Participants enrolled in the HousingWorks program will receive on-going supports in the following areas:
- Housing support (searching, maintaining, furnishing an apartment, and various other housing supports)
- Financial literacy/management
- Goal setting and action planning
- Education and employment support
- Any additional wraparound social supports for up to one year
The HousingWorks program strives to help provide youth with the tools necessary to maintain long-term housing and to become empowered and take ownership of their life choices.
HousingWorks program acceptance and eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- To be enrolled in school and/or working
- To be actively accessing Operation Come Home services for 3 or more months
- Provide proof of income (employment or social assistance)
- Currently not signed onto a Residential Tenancy Agreement/Lease
- Not have an existing housing subsidy or reside in subsidized housing
If you answered yes to all of the above, you may qualify for the HousingWorks program. To apply, please fill out an attached application form and fax it to 613-230-8223 ATTN: Housing or email a completed copy to email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact Shelby at 613-230-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone 613 230 4663